Saturday, March 26, 2011

Shelby Writing a BLOG?!

The name of my blog is named after the book "Soul Pancake" by Rainn Wilson. You know, that one goofy guy from The Office. He wrote this awe-inspiring book that reminds me that I am a human and I have artistic needs and abilities.

I decided on a Saturday night, a half an hour past midnight that today was the day I was going to start a blog to emanate my creativity to anyone willing to take a gander. I do warn anyone that these are going to be quickly written and then posted even quicker, so judge lightly and take the contents warmly...like strudel. (Bring a plate though, strudel is so damn messy. But tasty. So it's okay.)

My mission involves making idle observations of the world, recording dreams and random thoughts of the day, sharing things I think are unusual, fun new facts I learn, or whatever else happens to strike my fancy. This is the mission--however I reserve the right to change or alter any of these plans as I see fit (Ahh, the teacher in me comes out).

This blog is for myself. It would be wonderful to expand my writing abilities so that I can do awesome things like teach and write moar and tutor and edit and blah, so here's my sorry attempt at entertaining myself. Uh...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment