Thursday, November 3, 2011

Grab the mustard and catch up.

So to start things off, I'm sorry it's been so long since the last update. School opened its big ol' mouth and swallowed up all of my time, like a big jerk. To catch everyone up on my life in the last few months, I'm making a list.

1. I made it through the first two application rounds to teach English as a second language in South Korea. The application is on its way to Korea right now to be reviewed and I'll know in about a week and a half if I made it. If I do get in, I'll be going through prep classes all of January and I'll fly to Korea on Feb. 5th. There, I'll have orientations for a month at Seoul University and I'll start teaching in a rural area in the beginning of March. Teaching Kindergarten through 2nd graders will be so fun! If anyone knows anyone who has been to Korea or is planning on being there February-July, please let me know, I know some of you already have. :)

2. I'm taking 16 credit hours at Eastern this semester and I'm getting all A's. Some classes are more boring than others, but overall it's not undo-able. My favorite class is Native American Literature. We've learned a couple of stories about the Osage tribe, and since that's part of my heritage, it's been a real treat. My professor took 70 of his current and past students out on Halloween and we split into groups and collected canned goods for the Safe House and SOS Center. We collected over 2,000 cans! I dressed up as Snow White and it was a big hit.

3. Trivia nights at Applebee's are still going strong. In the last four or five weeks we've won 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. It's such a great time to just relax and hang out with friends. With everything going on in my life, this planned social life is really working. Let me know if anyone's interested in joining us on Wednesday nights. :)

4. I've been watching all kinds of shows this fall. Big Bang, American Horror Story, Glee, New Girl, Modern Family, Whitney, Up All Night, Survivor, Project Runway, Tosh.0, Mentalist, Parenthood, Raising Hope, 2 Broke Girls, How I Met Your Mother, Dance Moms, THE WALKING DEAD OMG. Yeah, I'm not sure how I fit in all of this with 2 jobs and 16 credits, but you know...make it work. I'll totally talk shows with anyone who needs someone to OMG with.

5. My sister's off at college and my mom's house sitting so my dad and I are on our own. We'll see how that works out. I really like daddy-daughter time. The family's all going to Kentucky for Thanksgiving but I'm staying at home and then next semester Korea, so I better get in all my family time while I still can. I'll be housesitting Thanksgiving week, so at least I won't be home alone. Things are so crazy.

Well, that's my life this semester in a nutshell. I'll start updating this again, especially while I'm gone next semester, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment